Crispy on the outside, soft & flavor-packed in the inside, spice up your weekend with some Afghan Bolanis!
A must-try comfort snack with many different fillings, flat-bread bolanis can be as mild or spicy as you like — perfect as a snack, appetizer or side dish. Bon appétit, or as you say it in Persian (Dari), noosh-e-jaan!
Ingredients for the dough:
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (580g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil (I use canola)
- 1 1/4 cups water (300g)
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes (680g)
- 2 cups, packed sliced green onion (140g)
- 2 cups, packed cilantro (60g)
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper (60g) or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Additional oil for shallow frying (e.g. canola)
For a step-by-step recipe with visuals, we recommend this easy-to-follow recipe.
P.S. Don’t forget to serve with a refreshing yogurt-herb dip!