Give your students engaging, immersive language practice and cultural exchange.
NaTakallam partners with universities to bring real-life conversations, language learning, and cultural exchange to the classroom. Over 2000 students at 80 schools have used NaTakallam’s programs.
All of NaTakallam’s services for academic institutions are centered around providing affordable and enriching opportunities that complement existing coursework. For all programs, NaTakallam conversation partners work with professors to align sessions in support of ongoing coursework objectives and track students’ participation throughout the semester, allowing professors to account for these sessions as part of students’ grades.
Our Academic Programs
CONVERSATION PRACTICE IN ARABIC OR PERSIAN:
Integrate one-on-one online sessions into existing your language course. Each student is paired with a conversation partner to practice with outside the classroom. Conversation partners work with professors to craft sessions that support their curriculum.
Cultural Exchange in English:
Go beyond the headlines and the statistics to discover the lives and perspectives of displaced people. Building Bridges integrates a series of one-on-one online dialogue sessions into courses related to human rights, refugee studies, or other relevant subjects.
VIRTUAL GUEST SPEAKER:
Amplify refugee voices in your university. These one-time sessions invite a NaTakallam conversation partner to video-conference into classrooms for conversation, Q&A, and discussion of the impact that displacement has had on their lives. These sessions can be conducted in any language.
- Rebecca Joubin, Associate Professor of Arab Studies, Arab Studies Department, Davidson
- Nancy Kalow, Professor, Duke University, Center for Documentary Studies
- Rana Abdul-Aziz Language Coordinator & Lecturer Arabic Program, Tufts University
-Greta Scharnweber, Associate Director, Hagop Kevorkian Center for Near Eastern Studies, New York University
- Dr. Diya Abdo, Associate Professor of English, Founder and Director of Every Campus A Refuge, Guilford College
- Roxana Cazan, Assistant Professor of English, St. Francis College, PA
- Dan Chong, Professor of Political Science, Rollins University
- Dr. Isabella Alexander, Professor of Anthropology at Emory University